Plugin collected information
Our plugin does not send any personal identification information from customer sites to ours or other external sites. The only two external request that does occur with the Contest Code Checker Pro plugin is a license check and to see if updates are available for the plugin. Those are only sent to the Contest Code Checker Pro plugin website and do not contain personal identification information. All information related to contests is stored in the WordPress install you install the plugin at.
Personal identification information
We collect email addresses of registered Users and any other information voluntarily entered into forms on the Site. We also collect registered Users’ account creation dates and the number of times a User has signed in. None of this information is sold or provided to third parties, except to provide the products and services you’ve requested, with your permission, or as required by law.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with the Site, This may include: the browser name, the type of computer, the operating system, and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
MDE Development LLC collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience: to understand how our Users as a group use the Site.
- To improve our Site.
- To improve customer service.
- To process transactions: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails: The email address Users provide for order processing will be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. The User may also receive company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To prevent fraud.
Where we send your data
- Billing providers. These let us charge you for the services we provide.
- Services that maintain our website. Your information may appear in error-tracking software if you encounter an error with our website. This is used to notify you of any technical problems that may affect your account.
- Non-personal identification information may be sent to analytics software. No personal data or data that could uniquely identify a User will be sent.
GDPR legal basis for collecting your information
We collect the minimum amount of information needed to provide the products and services you’ve requested. How we collect and use your data is covered by our legitimate interest.
Your rights under GDPR
- Be informed whether we store your data.
- Be granted access to your data (with some stipulations – see GDPR Article 15 for the precise terms. Note that we store so little of your data that it may require more information to authenticate your request than information we actually hold).
- Correct any errors in our records – for instance, update your email address.
- Request that your records be erased.
- Restrict our processing of your data. This means that we will continue to store your data, but will not use it.
- Object to our use of your data.
- Request the data we hold be provided to you or to another service. See GDPR Article 20 for the precise terms.
- Not be subject to decisions based entirely on automated processing.
Exercising some of these rights might interfere with our ability to provide you with our services. For instance, if you request your records be erased, information about your purchase history will also be removed.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to email@example.com. You can update your email and change the password directly from this website, without sending any email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an HTTPS secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Questions about this policy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This document was last updated on May 25, 2018.